Blind cricket’s popularity is still a bit limited compared to other blind sports, but things are going on in the sport.
- The 33rd National Blind Cricket Championships are to be held in Melbourne, Victoria from approximately December 29. 2014 to the January 6, 2015.
- The New Zealand Blind Cricket Association inc (NZBCA) will be hosting of a New Zealand A vs Australia A development tour to be in New Zealand Upper North Island from January 20 to January 25.
- The New Zealand Junior Disability Games take place from April 10 – 12 at St Peter’s College, Cambridge.Sports on the program include ambulant football, athletics, blind cricket, boccia, cycling, equestrian, goalball, powerchair football, rowing, swimming, triathlon, waka ama, wheelchair basketball and wheelchair tennis.
- The QBCA Fundraising Dinner, including an auction and raffles, will take place on June 12.
- The Nepal women’s blind cricket team of Nepal will be tour Pakistan in November.
As some of these events are a long time in the future, please double check dates as they get closer to confirm them. If there are any dates or events missing, please comment on the post and it will be added.