Swimming, like athletics, is a hugely popular disability sport. It is included on both the Paralympic and Special Olympics program. Every disability type is eligible to compete. It has things going on year round, on both the local and international level.
- On March 6, Fife Swimming Championships take place at the Michael Woods Sports & Leisure Centre, Glenrothes.
- Regional Spring Swimming Gala takes place on March 14 at the Mercat Gait Swimming Pool, Prestonpans.
- On April 18, SDS National Senior Swimming Championships (PD & SI) takes place at Grangemouth Swimming Pool, Grangemouth in Scotland.
- The New Zealand Junior Disability Games take place from April 10 – 12 at St Peter’s College, Cambridge.Sports on the program include ambulant football, athletics, blind cricket, boccia, cycling, equestrian, goalball, powerchair football, rowing, swimming, triathlon, waka ama, wheelchair basketball and wheelchair tennis.
- IBSA World Games take place from May 8 – 18 in Seoul, South Korea. Sports on the program include Powerlifting, Judo, Goalball, Football, Chess, Tenpin Bowling, Tandem Cycling, Swimming, Showdown, Athletics.
- On May 23, SDS National Senior Swimming Championships (LD) take place in Scotland.
- From July 13 – 19, IPC Swimming World Championships, Glasgow takes place.
- The 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games open on July 25 and close on August 2 in Los Angeles, California. Sports on the program include Aquatics, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball., Beach Volleyball, Basketball, Bocce. Bowling, Cycling, Equestrian, Football (Soccer), Golf, Gymnastics, Judo, Kayaking, Open Water Swim, Powerlifting, Rollerskating, Sailing, Table Tennis, Team Handball, Tennis, Triathlon, Softball, Volleyball.
- The World Deaf Swimming Championships take place in San Antonio, Texas on August 17 – 22.
- From August 7 – 15, the Parapan American Games take place in Toronto. Archery, athletics, boccia, cycling, football 5-a-side, football 7-a-side, goalball, judo, powerlifting, sitting volleyball, swimming, table tennis, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby and wheelchiar tennis are all on the program.
- The INAS Global Games will take place in Guayaquil, Ecuador from September 20 – 27. Sports on the program include athletics, basketball, cycling, futsal, rowing, swimming, tennis, and tennis table.
- 2015 Asia-Pacific Deaf Games take place from September 29 – October 13 in Taoyuan, Taipei. Sports on the program include athletics, tennis, badminton, baseball, basketball, bowling, cycling, football, futsal, Taekwondo, karate, Orienteering, swimming, table tennis, judo, volleyball, and wrestling.
- From September 26 to October 2, the IWAS World Game take place in Sochi, Russia. Sports on the program include Archery, Arm wrestling, Athletics, Para-Taekwondo, Swimming and Table Tennis.
- Winter Open Polish Championships in Swimming for Athletes with Disabilities is scheduled to take place in Poland from December 4 – 6. It is a long course event organized by Polish Sport Association for the Disabled Start/ Polish Paralympic Committee.
As some of these events are a long time in the future, please double check dates as they get closer to confirm them. If there are any dates or events missing, please comment on the post and it will be added.