This article is a series of language learning posts by ParaSport News. The goal is to provide sport fans some very basic sport and Paralympic vocabulary so you can talk with the world about disability sport at the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Rio.
Javanese is spoken by about 82 million people, mostly in Indonesia. While you may not see a lot of Indonesians in Rio, Indonesians are very active in the Asian region so if you travel to compete, you may run across them and improve your chances of using Javanese.
Sport specific words:
- FESPIC Games – FESPIC Games
Sport related adjectives:
- Pesagi dawa – rectangle
Badminton specific words:
Like Taekwondo, this sport is not on the 2016 Paralympic program but is scheduled to make its debut at the 2020 Games. It is never too early to get the low down on this upcoming sport.
- Badminton – Badminton
- Kok – Shuttlecock
- Federasi Bulu Tangkis Dunia – Badminton World Federation
- Rakèt – Racket
- tradhisional rakèt – traditional racket
- dobel – doubles
- Singel – singles
- Alumunium – Alumunium
- lapangan badminton – badminton court
- Kajuaraan Badminton Pan Am – PanAm Badminton Federation
- Kajuaraan Badminton Oseania – Oceania Badminton Federation