It’s another busy week, with activities taking place across the globe. If you have any events that we may have missed or know of any events in the upcoming days, weeks or months, please drop a comment so we can add it to our calendar. A world championship wraps up and another is getting started. Regional championships are taking place in multiple sports. National teams are in training. Training courses are taking place. Clubs are having local events for social and league participation.
- CURSO INTERNACIONAL TOTALMENTE takes place in Peru from August 12 to August 17. It is a training program in sport promotion being run with the British embassy and promoted by the National Paralympic Committee.
- European Championships Swansea start on August 14 and run until August 28.
- Paritutu Bowls Club is having a social or league boccia event from 6pm to 7pm in New Zealand.
- Canadian training camp again. The team is preparing for the world championships. It takes place from August 15 to August 17.
- South Island Championships take place in New Zealand at the Graham Condon Recreation & Sports Centre, Papanui, Christchurch on August 16 and August 17.
- Parafed Waikato Activ8 Boccia is taking place on August 16 and August 17 at the Waikato Diocesan School For Girls Gymnasium, Chartwell, Hamilton.
- Goalball UK International Tournament (Youth & Elite Sections) takes place in Hereford wraps up on August 11.
- IPC Parapan Test takes on August 15 to August 17. It is open only to men’s teams.
- Deaf Golf Nsw have an event on August 17 at Branxton near Cessnock.
- IFDS Sailing World Championships start on August 15 and run until August 24 .
- European Championships Showdown is taking place from August 14 to August 17 in Haninge, Stockholm. It is an IBSA sanctioned event.
- Iran women national training camp continues on August 11 and August 12. They are preparing ahead of the Para Asian Games in October.
- Portsmouth taster day for seated volleyball club in England is having a taster day on August 13. Anyone from the area wanting to learn more about getting involved with the sport is welcome to attend.
- 2014 Inas Open European Swimming Championships open on August 17 and end on August 24 in Liberec, Czech Republic.
- Festival Surf at Night takes place in Portugal. All are welcome. It runs from August 13 to August 17.
- NWBA women’s development camp takes place on August 15, 16 and 17 in the United States.
- The ICEWH 3rd World Championship take place in Münich, Germany and wraps up pm August 11. Live streaming is available for each match.
- ICEWH 11th Sport Assembly takes place on August 11 in Münich, Germany.
- Canterbury Rugby Football Club open wheelchair rugby sessions 1pm-4pm every Sunday at Canterbury High, Canterbury Academy, Knight Avenue.
- ACTIV8 Wheelchair Rugby Competition takes place in New Zealand. The games will be 4 x 12minute running clock quarters. This is a league that will last three weeks. It starts on August 18.
Wheelchair rugby league:
- Wheelchair RFL Trials take place on August 17 at WhiteCross High School in Hereford, Herefordshire.