Every week, there is always heaps going on. For sport fans there are world and European events. This week, there are at least three world champions: Sailing, equestrian and ID football. Regional championships continue with European ID swimming, European deaf junior athletics, and European athletics. For people looking to get into sports or support grassroots sports, there are clinics, practices and local leagues. If you’re aware of anything we’re missing, please comment and we’ll happy add it. We’re also more than happy to add any regular practices, try it events, etc.
- Curso internacional totalmente gratuito is being held from August 12 to 17 at Estadio Nacional in Lima, Salón in conjunction with the British Embassy. Participants are being taught how to better coach with athletes with disabilities.
- European Championships Swansea start on August 14 and run until August 28.
- European Deaf Junior Athletics take place from August 21 to August 23 in Trabzon.
- Brazil is having a training camp in Sao Caetano do Sul from August 24 to August 30.
- 4th friendly tournament of ball given by the deaf persons takes place Saturday on August 23 at Jarry Park in Montreal.
- Paritutu Bowls Club is having a social or league boccia event from 6pm to 7pm in New Zealand.
- Dunedein Boccia Club meets at the South Dunedin Presbyterian Church Hall on Wednesdays from 5:00 PM to 6:30pm. Paul Coffey is the local contact.
- Canterbury Secondary School Boccia Championships take place at Cashmere High School, Cashmere, Christchurch on August 21.
- Canadian training camp for Bc1/Bc2 Camp is being held from August 22 to August 24. Players are preparing for the upcoming world championships.
- Rollstuhl Skate Tag takes place in Potsdam on August 24 from 15 – 19h.
- World Games Caen get underway on August 24 and continue until August 29.
- Primera Clínica Deportiva de Inducción al Goalball takes place on August 20 in Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. It is being organized by the state Asociación Deportiva de Ciegos y Débiles Visuales.
- Alataa International Goalball is taking place in Amman, Jordan from August 22 to August 28.
- MAGA Premier Fundraiser is being organized by the The Michigan Amputee Golf Association on August 22 at Brentwood GC – White Lake MI.
- Inas 2014 World Football Championships continue all week in Sao Paolo, Brazil. They officially wrap up on August 25.
- Tri & Para-Tri Festival takes place on August 23 at Dorney Lake, Eton, Berks.
- World Rowing Championships take place August 24 to August 31.
- IFDS Sailing World Championships start on August 15 and run until August 24 .
- East and Central African Club Championships are in Nairobi, Kenya from August 20 to 24. 16 teams are scheduled to participate, eight men’s teams and eight women’s teams from Rwanda, Kenya and possibly other regions.
- Portsmouth taster day for seated volleyball club in England is having a taster day on August 20. Anyone from the area wanting to learn more about getting involved with the sport is welcome to attend.
- 2014 Inas Open European Swimming Championships stat on August 17 and run until August 24 in Liberec, Czech Republic.
- MedStar NRH wheelchair basketball clinic. Monday night at East County Community Recreation Center at 3310 Gateshead Manor Way, Silver Spring, MD 20904 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- MedStar NRH wheelchair basketball clinic. Wednesday night at Emery Recreation Center at 5701 Georgia Ave., NW Washington, D.C. from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Grade 1 Coach Award – London on August 19 and August 20 at Salmon Youth Centre, 43 Old Jamaica Road, Southwark, London, SE16 4TE.
- Puerto Rico training Members of the Puerto Rico Wheelchair basketball Federation train every Wednesday between 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm in the Court Coquí Llanero, 4th section Levittown, Toa Baja.
- ACTIV8 Wheelchair Rugby Competition takes place in New Zealand. The games will be 4 x 12minute running clock quarters. This is a league that will last three weeks. It starts on August 18.
- Brazilian National Championships take place from August 20 to August 25 in Vila Velha/ES, Brazil.
- 2014 RugbyMania – Summer Edition takes place from August 22 to August 24 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Reno Low Point Tournament is a 6 team low point tournament taking place in Reno, Nevada from August 22 to August 24.