This is another busy week. When isn’t actually? There are always things happening for sport fans and people wanting to participate in disability sport. Three world championships are taking place: para-canoe, wheelchair rugby and wheelchair hockey. Two large regional swimming championships are taking place.
- IWAS 2014 World Junior Games take place from August 2 to August 8. Sports being played include wheelchair fencing.
- Campeonato Regional Sudeste de Bocha Paralímpica 2014 are taking place in Brazil at the Hotel Monte Real from August 5 to August 8. Athletes are competing to qualify for the nationals.
- WCMX. SoCal Surf & Skate first annual WCMX. Pleasant Valley Skate Park. August 9.
- Goalball UK International Tournament (Youth & Elite Sections takes place in Hereford from August 8 to 11.
- ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships are taking place from August 6 to August 8.
- Gileppe Trophy Orbea takes place in Belgium and is open to all disability types. It happens on August 10.
- 2014 World Cups Tiszaujvaros, Hungary takes place on August 9 and august 10.
- 2014 Australian Nationals take place from August 5 to August 9, with the finals taking place on the last day. Events are taking place in Mount Druitt, New South Wales.
- Ditch Cup takes place on August 9. It is a friendly between Australia and New Zealand taking place in Mount Druitt, New South Wales.
- The Portsmouth seated volleyball club in England is having a taster day on August 6.
- 2014 Pan Pacific Para-Swimming Championships take place from August 6 to 10 , at the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center in Pasadena, California.
- European Swimming championships take place this week, with competition getting underway on Monday.
- Thai Para Table Tennis Open at the national sports centre in Eastern (Pattaya) from August 2 to August 7 in Thailand. It is the first stage for Thai competitors seeking to qualify for the 2016 Summer Paralympics.
- IWAS 2014 World Junior Games take place from August 2 to August 8. Wheelchair fencing is on the program.
- The ICEWH 3rd World Championship take place in Münich, Germany from August 4 to August 11. Live streaming is available for each match.
- IWRF 2014 General Assembly and Conference takes place from August 4 to August 6 at the Odense Congress Centre in Denmark. It is being run parallel to the world championships.
- IWRF 2014 World Championship take place in Denmark from August 5 to August 10. Teams from all over the world are participating.
- DHIF Wheelchair Rugby Development Congress are taking place on August 5 and August 6 at the Odense Congress Centre.
- 2014 Slovakia Cup takes place from August 8 – 10 in Trnava, Slovakia.
- Canterbury Rugby Football Club open wheelchair rugby sessions 1pm-4pm every Sunday at Canterbury High, Canterbury Academy, Knight Avenue.
If you are interested in contributing to the week ahead in disability sport, please get in touch by leaving a comment or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.