As a sport fan and sport journalist, I am always surprised at how easy it is to keep track of everything going on in the world of disability of sport. There are competitions happening all the time and you may not find out about them until some one starts sharing the results. There are also times when, surprise! Look at all the sport going on in your own backyard that you had no clue was happening.
As always, if you’re aware of something happening, please drop us a note so we can add it to our list of upcoming events. This can be anything from club play, taster events to world championships.
If you have any news about any of these events that you want reported on or wouldn’t mind being interviewed about one of these events which you’re involved with, please send me an e-mail at laura at parasport-news dot com. Often times, it is hard to get information on results from smaller events.
- Belgian VI athlete classification take place in Ghent 22 on September 24, but people needed to have registered by September 1.
- Keep on moving! takes place on September 3 at the PCC-Cascade Campus in Portland from 4-6 pm. People have the chance to try out disability sports equipment.
- Middlesex VI training takes at Middlesex University, Hendon Campus on September 1.
- Fútbol SalaTorneo Internacional Amistoso B1 from September 4 to September 6. National sides from France, Spain, Argentina, Japan will be participating in Noisy-Le-Sec.
- 2nd Blind Football Cup for Central European Cities starts on September 5 and runs until September 7 in Prague.
- Trinity B2/B3 tournament takes place from 2-4pm on Sat 6th September in Ireland.
- GLASA’s 7th Annual 5k Twilight Run / Walk / Roll & Post-Race Party takes place on September 6 at the Gorton Community Center in Lake Forest, Illinois. It is the largest CARA (Chicago Area Runners Association) certified 5K race in the Chicago-land area featuring disabled and non-disabled athletes competing side-by-side.
- Corrida Paralímpica takes place on September 7 on the streets of Santiago, Chile with a 5k and 15km race.
- Brazilian intensive training takes place in Sao Caetano do Sul / SP. It starts on September 1 and wraps up September 30.
- European Deaf Championships take place in Geneva, Switzerland and start on September 1 and September 6.
- Paritutu Bowls Club is having a social or league boccia event from 6pm to 7pm in New Zealand.
- Dunedein Boccia Club meets at the South Dunedin Presbyterian Church Hall on Wednesdays from 5:00 PM to 6:30pm. Paul Coffey is the local contact.
- UCI Para-cycling Road World Championships take place from August 28 – September 1 in Greenville, SC, USA.
- PDX Handcycling Series continue place on Tuesday at Portland International Raceway from 4:30 – 6:30.
- CYCLISME takes place on September 6 in Pastoorsstraat, Belgium.
- Goalball Vereniging Waalwijk has practice in the gymnasium of Juliana of Stolberg School, Woeringenlaan 20 Waalwijk every Wednesday from 19:00 to 21:00
- Rose City Thorns practice takes place on Saturdays, 8:00 am – 10:00 am in Portland, Oregon at the Portland State University, Student Recreation Center.
- Glasgow Goalball training takes place at the Gorbals Leisure Centre on Thursday evenings from 7pm-8pm starting in September.
- 1st International Tennis Champ will take place in Ferrara, Italy, from the 3rd to the 5th of September 2014.
- IBSA Judo World Championships kicks off on September 1 and end September 7 in Colorado Springs, USA.
- ITU Para-Triathlon World Championships take place August 29 to September 1 in Edmonton, Canada.
- HUY is a para-traithlon event on September 7 in Belgium for people with visual impairments.
- The Discovery Games take place on Sunday 7 September 2014 – Powerchair Football Dundee International Sports Complex.
- World Championships, Beijing start on September 6 and run until September 14.
- IBSA World Cup Torball and 24th IBSA European Torball Cup starts September 5 and runs until September 8 in Innsbruck, Austria.
- Visually Impaired Tennis Camp takes place on September 7 in London.
- Trofeo Internacional Ciudad de Barcelona de BSR takes place from September 5 to September 7, with two teams from the Catalan region of Spain, Amfiv de Vigo, one of the best clubs in the Spanish league, as well as two top teams in the French territory: Le Cannet and LG HandiBasket Bordeaux.
- MedStar NRH wheelchair basketball clinic. Monday night at East County Community Recreation Center at 3310 Gateshead Manor Way, Silver Spring, MD 20904 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- MedStar NRH wheelchair basketball clinic. Wednesday night at Emery Recreation Center at 5701 Georgia Ave., NW Washington, D.C. from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Puerto Rico training Members of the Puerto Rico Wheelchair basketball Federation train every Wednesday between 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm in the Court Coquí Llanero, 4th section Levittown, Toa Baja.
- Portland Wheel Blazers practice on Monday nights from 7- 10 pm at the Tualatin Hills Athletic Center.
- WBS Pardubice practice takes place on Monday and Friday nights in the Czech Republic at tělocvičně ZŠ Studánka.
- Paralympic Curling Camp (NY) takes place from September 4 to September 7.
- Wheelchair Dance World Cup takes place on Fri, September 5, and runs until Monday, September 8 in Russia.
- TREINAMENTOS E AVALIAÇÕE is an intensive wheelchair fencing training camp in Rodas SÃO Paulo/Sp, Brazil that runs from September 6 to September 14.
- The Maximus Project Championship start on August 27th and run until September 2nd in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- ACTIV8 Wheelchair Rugby Competition takes place in New Zealand. The games will be 4 x 12minute running clock quarters. This is a league that will last three weeks. The league continues on September 1.
Wheelchair rugby league:
- Hereford Harriers Wheelchair Rugby Club have a practice on August 30 at The Point 4, Venns Lane, Hereford, HR1 1DT from 9:00 – 11:00 am local time.
- US Open takes place from September 4 to September 8.